The Buff Banner

Training Materials, Installation Instructions & other useful information related to TF2

Moderator: Officers

The Buff Banner

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:27 am

Here is a great video clip of how to effectively use the Buff Banner.
Psalm 66:1,2
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Re: The Buff Banner

Postby [CS] Raston on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:07 pm

I have it but can't get the horn to blow.
[CS] Raston
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Joab on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:01 pm

[CS] Raston wrote:I have it but can't get the horn to blow.

The horn will not blow until you have caused 600 points of damage to the other team. There is a meter on your screen that shows how full your charge it. When it's full you can blow the bugle.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Postby [CS] Raston on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:22 pm

[CS] Joab wrote:
[CS] Raston wrote:I have it but can't get the horn to blow.

The horn will not blow until you have caused 600 points of damage to the other team. There is a meter on your screen that shows how full your charge it. When it's full you can blow the bugle.

600 points eh? I don't know if I can live that long.
[CS] Raston
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Joab on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:28 pm

I sometimes use this but it can be hard to get to 600 damage and you give up your shotgun. The tried and true Soldier tactic is to fire 2 rockets (assuming damage with both) and finish them off with one or two shotgun blasts. This saves rockets, so if you find yourself running out of rockets frequently you might opt for keeping your shotgun. Of course, if you can stay alive long enough to run out of rockets you can probably fill your rage meter and activate the Buff Banner.

BTW, the Battalion's Backup is the opposite. It can be used when you have taken enough damage (175) to be activated.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Return to TF2 Boot Camp