ban

Got sent to the stockade huh? The judge resides here!

Moderator: Officers

ban

Postby Painted on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Alright, I was banned from your tf2 server close to 10 months ago for "Inappropriate language". Being so long ago, I'm probably going to catch flak for "selective memory" and "how can you verify something that happened nearly a year ago" I'm sure but I'm presenting my side.

So my friends and I were playing on your server on turbine and the admin that was on shift at the time, (scubadiver I believe) called me out on my inappropriately named weapons, which I will admit aren't appropriately named for any server really but ANYWAYS, the admin told me to remove them or be banned. I didn't really feel like being banned so I complied, switched to stock weapons and went on killing people. This went on for maybe five minutes or so when the admin went into spectator. Then I got a permanent ban.

My friend was still in the server so I asked him to ask why I was banned even though I complied with his demands. He relayed to me that I was banned because I refused to change my inappropriately named earbuds which contains "master race" in it. I wasn't told to change them and I forgot that they were equipped and named. I told my friend to tell the admin this and my friend was informed by the admin something along the lines of "our server, our rules you don't like it you can leave".

I know I have zero credibility here but I just wanted to present my side of the story to an old ban.

Username: It was something along the lines of Painted-Kun with hearts and stars in it, I can't remember what it was but I usually just go as Painted most of the time.
Date + Time: 02-02-11 21:15
steam id: STEAM_0:0:15519883
Painted
Hi - I'm New Here

Re: ban

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Hey, Painted, thanks for checking in here.

I actually do remember giving this ban, and it was for the reasons you stated. To provide a little more information, you had to be asked every time you joined our server to remove the offensive language from your weapons names, and had already received a temporary ban of one week (issued a month and a half earlier)for the same offense. You had been asked at least 3 or 4 times that night by several different admins, and we all felt we'd given you enough time to change everything, and that it was time for you to go.

While we recognize that it it is intrusive and difficult to change the name on your weapons, especially if you don't have any spare Name tags to use, please understand that what we're trying to do here is provide a nice, clean, place for people of all ages to play the kind of games we like to play. Think of it as a refuge we try to provide from all of the profanity and racial slurs found on a large number of public servers.

People seek out servers like ours to escape the kinds of labels you used on your weapons. Frankly, had you not repeatedly come into our server with offensive names on your weapons, there would have been no need for the ban, but when we had to ask you each and every time, there's really no other recourse for us but to issue the ban to try to keep our server a decent place that people want to come and play.

As for DLTN, and him arguing on your behalf, trying to argue with an admin who just gave a ban usually won't work out for you, on any server. I don't remember my exact words to him, but if it was something to the effect, "If you don't like our rules don't play here," it would have been after he decided to continuously argue with me instead of playing the game.

If you still want to play on our server, You are welcome to, and I will gladly lift the ban, but it means that you need to change the names on your weapons to do so. If you want to keep the offensive names on your weapons, then this probably isn't the right server for you. We're done with continuously reminding you to change the names after you're in-game and people see the offensive stuff - it needs to be gone before you join the server.

If you can live with that, you're welcome back on our server anytime.
Psalm 66:1,2
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Postby Painted on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 pm

The weapons won't be an issue at this point, I don't use them anymore. All about the stranges now.

I do have one question regarding my buds, do I seriously have to unequip them from every class if I want to play here? I mean it's called "iMac master race" yeah but it doesn't hold any offensiveness to anyone except people who take macs vs pcs too seriously. Aside from that, people don't see it unless you deliberately spec them.

If its an issue, I won't wear them around but I just want clarification. Thanks for listening by the by.
Painted
Hi - I'm New Here

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:37 am

I've removed the ban, and no, you needn't remove the earbuds from your inventory.

Welcome back!
Psalm 66:1,2
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Postby Painted on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:10 am

Thank you again.
Painted
Hi - I'm New Here

Return to Got Banned?