Steam/TF2 question

Having a technical difficulty? Post here for help or advice.

Moderator: Officers

Steam/TF2 question

Postby [CS] Joab on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:58 pm

So we have Steam on both computers at home, and my sons play TF2 on my account on the 2nd computer. Now, if I buy them their own copy of TF2 do I have to do so through a new Steam account, so that it downloads to that Steam ID and not mine (since I already have it)?
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Re: Steam/TF2 question

Postby REDYANKEE on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:43 pm

yup!
REDYANKEE

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, he who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the LORD God of hosts is His name. Amos 4:13

It is well that war is so terrible--we shouldn't grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee
REDYANKEE
Officially Retired

Postby [CS] WarnerVH on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:11 pm

I believe so. If it's your account that is being used it's probably someplace in the STEAM user agreement that only one person per account should be using that particular steam account. If not I am sure that it states that you cannot have two instances of your STEAM ID being in the same game at the same time.
[CS] WarnerVH
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Joab on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Right Warner, and part of the reason I want to do this is so they and I can play at the same time.

Thanks guys.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Return to Support/Help