Two Questions...

Having a technical difficulty? Post here for help or advice.

Moderator: Officers

Two Questions...

Postby [CS] vizwhiz on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 pm

I have two questions:
1. I've been having slower-than-normal connecting to DOD rounds, loading of new maps, etc. One night I couldn't even get in - waited 10 minutes with two bars on the screen to see if a map would finish loading. The other night others mentioned that DOD had been acting funny to them in the same ways - starts to load, takes a long time...etc. Anyone have any ideas or is there anything showing whether the server is acting up? As an aside, we had 25 people on the server the other night when I joined!

2. We have on our main CS homepage a panel on the side which shows for the ranked BF2 server and DOD server how many people are on the server, and the list of names. I am wondering if it is possible to have at least a one-line indicator that shows how many people are on the practice server. There is no way to tell unless you load up the game... We don't have to make a public post indicating what the new line of information on our site is, but everyone could be notified internally, and word would spread to the regulars quickly enough that the friendlies would know what to look for. It would be convenient to be able to see that someone was on the practice server and join them.

Thank you. That is all...
Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice! (author unknown)
[CS] vizwhiz
Clan Member

Re: Two Questions...

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Regarding your second question, just look in your "favorite servers" page on Steam. You should see how many people are playing there.
Psalm 66:1,2
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Postby Frostbite on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Viz, last night we went through a lot of maps. We let vinny have a tour of the old dod world again. It may be possible that with all the new people on the server lately a tour of the old maps caused the download speed to drop and we would move on to another map that would need to download. Also, you might want to check and make sure nothing is eating up your resources. If it clears up on its on, then I would not worry about it.
Frostbite
Officially Retired

Postby [CS] Jedi on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 pm

[CS] vizwhiz wrote:blah blah blah...shows how many people are on the practice server. There is no way to tell unless you load up the game...blah blah blah Joab is a llama and Scuba has thumb envy!

Not true...you should just use HLSW - you can monitor as many servers as you want in real time. It's better than Cats :kitty: .

:puppy:

http://www.dodchristiansoldiers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5535
"Raston, do you get a commission from YouTube?" - [CS] IcePrincess
"The only useless weapon in DOD is the lack of cooperation." - Steff Meister
"This isn't Counter-Strike, let's leave the attitudes at the door." - Sparky Jamers
[CS] Jedi
Site Admin

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 am

[CS] Jedi wrote:
[CS] vizwhiz wrote:blah blah blah...shows how many people are on the practice server. There is no way to tell unless you load up the game...blah blah blah Joab is a llama and Scuba has thumb envy!

Not true...you should just use HLSW - you can monitor as many servers as you want in real time. It's better than Cats :kitty: .

:puppy:

http://www.dodchristiansoldiers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5535

I think it's time to step up the medication.
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Postby Hooligan on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Only thing that is going to help that guy is this:
Hooligan
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Jedi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:56 pm

[CS] Hooligan wrote:Only thing that is going to help that guy is this:

Awwww yeah...Hooli knows how to do it. Can't eat anything without it!
"Raston, do you get a commission from YouTube?" - [CS] IcePrincess
"The only useless weapon in DOD is the lack of cooperation." - Steff Meister
"This isn't Counter-Strike, let's leave the attitudes at the door." - Sparky Jamers
[CS] Jedi
Site Admin

Postby [CS] vizwhiz on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Including our fried Thanksgiving turkeys! Makes 'em yummy!! Jedi's the Pro-Thanksgiving-Turkey-Fryer-Extraordinaire!

Thanks for the help everyone.

The DOD issue is not just from one night, it has been the last several times I tried to get on, including the other night when Vinny was back on, but thanks for the ideas... I've recently run anti-virus, defragged, etc. etc. and am doing nothing differently than before. Also, since some other people are also experiencing issues, I am thinking it is on the server side or Steam side...perhaps an update that is causing some compatibility issue?

As for monitoring the BF2 practice server, I'll try the HLSW thingy and see how it goes.

Thanks again!
[CS] vizwhiz
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Joab on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 am

I bought a turkey fryer. I use to brew beer with.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Postby [CS] vizwhiz on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Do you put Tony Chachere's in your beer? :shock:
[CS] vizwhiz
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Joab on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm

[CS] vizwhiz wrote:Do you put Tony Chachere's in your beer? :shock:

No, and it doesn't sound too appealing. I have considered putting cranberry puree in it though.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 am

[CS] Joab wrote:I bought a turkey fryer. I use to brew beer with.

Looks like someone needs a grammar refresher. Try University of Phoenix. :hi:
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Return to Support/Help