Newegg.com

Having a technical difficulty? Post here for help or advice.

Moderator: Officers

Newegg.com

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:14 pm

On a topic related to my Video card, I would like to add that newegg.com ROCKS!

I looked through the WorstBuy website, found the same video card (in stock at my local store), then called them and asked if they would come down at all on the $50 price difference. They also had the power supply I wanted in stock, for a few dollars more than Newegg.

I explained to them that I'd rather support local business, but that I felt a $50 difference was just too steep. I asked if they could reduce the price by even $20, and was told flatly, "No." Not even a penny would they discount their price. Newegg had $1.99 shipping for the video card, and free shipping for the Power supply, so I received both for only $1.99 shipping.

Thank you Newegg!

Bye-Bye WorstBuy!
Psalm 66:1,2
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Re: Newegg.com

Postby Hooligan on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 pm

I have been dealing with them for the last two builds I did, exclusively. I usually dig around, try to find the absolute lowest I can find for the same thing without sacrificing the condition or confidence level, eBay here, NewEgg there, yadda yaddaa. I have found that the few dollars I save on another on-line retailer, I get the 'security blanket' in just spending the extra 5 bucks for the same thing from NE. I have found their prices and customer service to be very fair, side-by-side with other on-line retailers.

Not to mention shipping. Usually very quick even for ground, if it comes out of the Memphis warehouse. Two days, max.

Not to mention some of the comments on a product by previous buyers helps too. Gives you a little heads up on potential issues with a particular piece of hardware to start researching. Just wish I would have listened when I was buying the Striker II Extreme. I willingly took the chance and .... fail!

They used to run mobile ads out here pre-Katrina.

I used to work with a fella whose g-friend worked in the accounting office of a WorstBuy. It is sickening the percentage of markup they put on alot of their PC hardware/software, home entertainment hardware, etc. I stay as far away from them as I can.
Hooligan
Clan Member

Postby [CS] Xid on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:32 pm

When I buy it's usually from NewEgg. I had two hard drives come in bad and when I returned them they were going to charge me a restocking fee. I plead my case about the money money I had to spend without receiving anything and they dropped the charges. I no longer buy hard drives online. I'll pay a little more for the ability to take them back to the point of purchase. But I'll certainly continue to use NewEgg.
-----
There lurks the skid demon!
[CS] Xid
Clan Officer

Postby [CS] Joab on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Why go to Best Buy and be harassed by a salesperson who likely works on commission, and who offers awful customer service when you can order from NewEgg? That's my credo anyway. I don't know how Best Buy remains afloat.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Postby GR1T on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am

I've gone almost exclusively Newegg. I bought a good bit from ZipZoomFly a while back and can only say great thing about them, but lately Zip has very limited product selection, and their prices are not as good as NE.
The Essence of Freedom is the Limitation of Government.
GR1T
Call Me a Regular

Postby [CS] WOLF on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Agreed. Newegg is pretty much THE source as far as I'm concerned any more. I've been shopping there since like 2004 I think and Customer Service, for the most part, has always helped out when I had issues/problems with stuff.

Unless I find some hot price-matching/rebate/clearance deal at a local B&M through Fatwallet or somewhere then maybe I would CONSIDER buying local vs. Newegg.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
[CS] WOLF
Clan Canine

Postby [CS] Ice_GopherFC on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Newegg FTW! :D
"Blimps remind me of myself to much to want to own one. The are slow, round, full of hot air and not tax free. :shock:" -[CS] Goodytwoshoes

I've learned that I'd much rather have fools pray for me, than work with intellectuals who run me down. I love you folks! (1 Corinthians 1:25!)
[CS] Ice_GopherFC
Official Clan Fire Fodder

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:09 pm

The Gopher LIVES!!!!!
"Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Postby sgt. who on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:41 pm

Hooligan & his security blanket

Joab
sgt. who
Clan Member, Inventor of "who-nades"

Postby Hooligan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:32 am

:lol:

'cept this is my blanket...
get it right... hoser
Hooligan
Clan Member

Postby REDYANKEE on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 am

WOW!!! Talk about HIGHJACKING a post!! You guys need your own thread. :shock:
REDYANKEE

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, he who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the LORD God of hosts is His name. Amos 4:13

It is well that war is so terrible--we shouldn't grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee
REDYANKEE
Officially Retired

Postby [CS] Joab on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 am

Were those pumpkin ales any good?
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"There is only one person God has treated worse than He deserved." -- John Piper
[CS] Joab
Clan Llama and a Legend in his Own Mind

Postby sgt. who on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 am

a highjacking forum wouldn't get any post, it goes against the highjacking post code of honor.
sgt. who
Clan Member, Inventor of "who-nades"

Postby Renegade on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:55 am

I haven't heard about any hijackings lately. Is it because the terrorists have their own planes now? Or is it that they are afraid the passengers will fight back? :P
Renegade

Postby [CS] Scubadvr on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:42 pm

[CS] Joab wrote:Were those pumpkin ales any good?

THis is the most important of all of the hijackers' questions. I have not been brave enough to attempt one of these yet, although there seem to be four or five different brewer's versions from which to try. One of them just says "Pumpkin Spice Ale, which might mean they just throw some cinnamon and nutmeg in there. Blech.

BTW, who, I like your depiction of Joab. Made me giggle.
[CS] Scubadvr
Clan Officer

Next

Return to Support/Help